Scope of the position
-To operate at both a tactical and strategic level, managing and continuously developing all aspects of the golf business.
- Create and develop an excellent communication with partners, members and residents
- Customer service excellence is consistently delivered, and revenues and profitability are maximised.
Areas of responsibility include golf operations, the golf academy, golf shop, golf course maintenance, outside golf services, and the members’ club.
Duties and supporting responsibilities
- To provide a clear vision of where the golf business is going and the route it will need to follow in order to get there.
- To keep abreast of changes in the environment in which the organisation operates and use this knowledge to identify new business development opportunities for all areas of golf operations.
- To produce supporting operational plans for different business areas that will contribute to achieving the objectives set out in the strategic plan.
- To manage projects and monitor and evaluate their success.
- To produce regular reports on the main kpis, and stock control.
- To continuously review and develop standard operating procedures for each area of the golf business to ensure maximum customer satisfaction whilst maximizing revenue and profitability.
- To be ultimately responsible for the performance of the golf shop operations, golf services and condition of the golf course.
- To co-ordinate plans with hotel group operations, sales and with the Food and Beverage Manager the needs of all golf functions.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with individuals, managers and teams within the organization.
- To provide effective leadership for the golf operations management team, giving direction to individual managers and motivating and supporting them to achieve the organization’s vision and objectives.
- To recruit, induct, monitor and develop members of the golf operations management team and complete regular performance reviews inc. Head Professional, Head Greenkeeper, Head Teaching Professional or other.
- To develop, deliver and monitor learning and development activities for the management team and to promote In-house training, PGA Training, and further education.
- To prepare capital expense budgets to support achievement of objectives.
- To establish, monitor and analyse operating budgets and take prompt corrective action to address variances, ensuring each operating area is maximising efficiency and profitability.
- To achieve targets and identified KPIs for each aspect of golf operations.
Communications and Customer Service
- To identify and develop innovative programmes for all customer segments including tournaments, social events, external promotions.
- To ensure that all promotional activity is properly structured, communicated and delivered, particularly with members and residents.
- To identify and develop value added products and services to enhance the customer experience.
- To ensure that all teams in the golf business consistently deliver excellent customer service, thereby achieving maximum customer satisfaction.
- To communicate effectively with external organisations, individuals and agencies.
Leader, motivator, team builder, coaching and mentoring style, ‘no problem’ mentality, positive, strong interpersonal skills.
Results orientated, decisive, plans and prioritises, willing and able to deliver change, experienced and credible in the industry, able to work at both strategic and tactical level, in touch with current trends/issues.
Maturity of character, customer focused, good time manager, self-motivated, creative: thinks outside the box, flexible, effective and natural communicator, strong presentation skills, logical thinker, pays attention to detail, uses initiative, confident and prepared to challenge, energetic.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Class AA member of PGA or higher.
- Maintain active Membership in appropriate professional organisations
- Bachelor’s degree (BA); and/or minimum 3 years experience as Golf Manager; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of how the operation of each of the following areas can impact on the golf business: Golf course maintenance (e.g. green keeping / basic principles of golf course agronomy); Accommodation (e.g. Hotel rooms / Dormy House);Food and beverage operation (e.g. Bar, restaurant/snack bar, party/group catering); Corporate Functions / Events (e.g. Golf days, tournaments); Practice/Teaching Facilities (e.g. Driving Range, teaching academy, individual/group coaching); Golf Club Administration (e.g. Membership, competitions, handicaps).
email to email@example.com